Daskalidès Jelly Jam Syrup Waffle Cupcakes
Cupcakes, let’s be serious. Can we ever get enough of cupcakes? Don’t think so!
Best part? You can create whatever you want: chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting, candy cupcake glaze, decorated with confetti sprinkles,.. when it comes to cupcakes, there are no rules and everything’s possible! Right?
My favorite is without a doubt a delightful syrup waffle cupcake. And as we couldn’t pass this Summer without presenting freshly baked cakes on a chocolate plate, I started to ge creative with my own version of a Daskalidès Jelly Jam syrup waffle cupcake. Perfect to celebrate Summer! Who’s in?
PIECE OF CAKE
Ingrediënts: (24 cupcakes)
- 360 grams self raising flour
- 200 grams flour
- 240 grams unsalted butter
- 480 grams sugar
- 4 big eggs
- 240 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- syrup waffles (min. 6)
- whipped cream
- Daskalidès strawberry jelly jam
- colourful toppings
Shake it. Make it. Bake it!
* Make sure your oven is heated (180°C)
* First add flour and self raising flour in a big bowl, separated from other ingrediënts.
* Mix butter and add sugar, start mixing about 3 minutes until it gets
* Put all eggs (one by one) and afterwards all dry ingredients together with the milk and vanilla.
Tip: best way to do this, is adding this 3x and not stir too much, just be gentle with your mixture.
* When finished, put your dough in cupcake molds (3/4) and bake them on 180°C for about 16 minutes.
Tip: keep on checking your cakes, if not ready you can leave them in the oven for about 18 minutes too.
* Before adding sweetness (Daskalidès confituur) and toppings, let your cakes cool off.
Elfi: ‘To make the filling extra Summerish, I’m using Daskalidès strawberry jelly jam. Just cut out the top of your cake, gently remove some dough with a teaspoon and start filling your cupcake to make it extra sweet!‘
Instead of heavy buttercream, decorate with a touch of whipped cream and add different kinds of toppings on top of it. Sprinkle as much as you like.
Extra Glam- tip (!): really wanna score with these cupcakes? Cut out little syrup waffle hearts with a (cookie) mold. Add on to your whipped cream for a heartbreaking result! Melting already?
Totally my cup of cake!
Extra Glam- tip (!): cupcakes always make me so happy. Wanna get in the mood, just get creative like I did with my nails. Strawberry shortcake inspired nails, what do you think about that?
Only the best is good enough.. start licking your fingers!
Sweets ‘n greets!